Recommendations for further understanding around the subject / theme:
Dramatic and hard-hitting footage from war zones and conflicts, shot by Journeyman Pictures’ freelancers around the world 1980s-2000
(Includes footage from Afghanistan, Colombia, Chechnya, Lebanon, Kurdistan, Philippines, Indonesia, Somalia, Angola, Sierra Leone, Ethiopia, Sudan).
Journeyman Pictures www.journeyman.tv
- ‘Dying to Tell’ (2018) 1hr 28 mins (Spanish with English Subtitles) by Filmmaker Hernan Zin
- ‘Hondros’ (2017) 1 hr 32 mins – the story of Chris Hondros
- ‘War Reporter: Cameras Don’t Stop Bullets’ (2017) 54 mins
- ‘The War Reporter’ (2010) 54 mins – the life of Martin Adler
- ‘Jim: The James Foley Story’ (2016) 1 hr 52 mins (Rent: £3.49)
- ‘The War Reporters’ (2019) 52 mins – Iranian War Reporters in September 1980
A Good Day To Die ‘Hoka Hey’ – documentary by Monfils Pictures
“A Good Day To Die documents the life story and extraordinary adventures of British conflict photographer Jason P. Howe.
I recommend you watch this documentary as it contains a depth of honesty I’ve rarely seen in films dealing with this subject matter.
David Pratt @ForeignCorr1
David Pratt, Foreign Correspondent, Herald Scotland describes his career in international journalism to delegates at Future News Worldwide 2017.
The War over Syria – BBC World Service (25 mins)
The Documentary Podcast – Barbara Plett investigates how the conflict in Syria, and the future of the Assads, might reshape the Middle East.
The Seeds of Conflict – Kosovo 3 Part Series – BBC World Service – The Documentary Podcast (May-June 1999)
Reports: Attacks on the Press